Thursday, December 17, 2009

From short to long in 15 seconds and one massive puddle

So, just when I start to relax and think that 2009 is almost over and I managed to get through it without a nervous breakdown, this short week, the first of the last few for this year, I go and kill my car.  You know how when a child falls in a swiming pool and stops breathing for a minute or 10, then everyone holds their breath waiting for the answers as to whether there will be brain damage, that is how i feel, ok, maybe not quite so bad, but close, about my car!
On Monday there was a sudden but devastating storm, not the kind in a teacup, this one was too big for the teapot.  Now I am sure you have heard of the saying, "More haste, less speed", well that is exactly how it worked.  I was rushed as I had too much to do and too little time to do it, so instead of just waiting for the rain to stop and the water to drain I decided to drive through it.  We were about half way through the massive puddle when the water got sucked into the air system and my lovely 2 litre engine got filled with nice, smelly, dirty water.  It stopped dead!  In hindsight this is probably God's work becasue the prognosis on initial inspection was as bad as bad can be, new engine, in excess of R100 000.  But by vlose of day on Tuesday the engine decided to start in it's own special way and the dealer told me that it doesn't look as bad after all.  Now today they will look further and reassess.  Please pray like you never prayed before!

Did my Christmas shopping yesterday, only took 12 hours.  Then I sat wrapping the stuff until after 1 in the morning.  But the main job is done.  My worst shop was Toys r us, took about 3 hours and eventually we sat on an island in the middle of the shop just to catch a breath and think straight again.  Thank go d that is over.

Then P couldn't understand why we have to put all the pressies away, thay are wrapped now so what is the problem.  Can you picture the maid for the next 8 days trying to stop, A, cousin K and T from opening all the pressies.  Doesn't bare thinking about.  And imagine if we have to do all that shopping again.  It was difficult enough with a small budjet, with a nil budget it is impossible.

Only one more day till weekend, at least there are some blessings in life...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment